Join one of the fastest growing AI companies in the life sciences. We’re developing products that are rapidly changing the way scientists work and think. To help achieve our goals, we’re looking for a motivated, top-performing and financially-driven Sales Executive with experience in the life sciences to identify and close new sales opportunities in biotech, pharma and academia. Our platform is a unique SaaS-based solution for researchers to rapidly discover hidden connections among genes, diseases, pathways, etc.
You, like us, are competitive yet collaborative and strive for excellence in your work. You will be selling this product mainly to R&D and drug development teams, where your core responsibility will be to lead the sales efforts, including prospecting, relationship development, and closing new accounts. This is an ideal opportunity for a sales pro looking to be a role model and leader as we build a sales organization from the ground floor with unlimited upside potential.
- Take ownership of the full life cycle sales process: prospecting, outreach, pipeline management, lead product demonstrations, contract negotiations and sales close.
- Coordinate with SME’s across the organization to create compelling goal driven solutions for prospects and clients.
- Provide status reports and forecast updates on the sales pipeline and articulate the organizational needs to advance them through the sales process.
- Maintain new client relationships to address needs and gauge product feedback, working together with the technical and scientific teams.
- Help devise community engagement and marketing strategies to generate and nurture leads.
- Help direct marketing materials needed in the sales process.
- Consistent quarterly execution; meeting and exceeding sales goals and quotas.
- Support the hiring and development of future sales team members.
- 5+ years of experience in direct sales to the life sciences or medical markets (ideally experienced with selling SaaS, but will also consider other pharma and medical device sales).
- B.S. degree in business or a relevant life science discipline (e.g. biotechnology, biochemistry, biology) or life science background is highly desirable.
- Proactive mindset / “hunter” mentality with strong sense of responsibility, accountability and ownership. Should be results oriented and able to operate effectively working in a virtual environment (home-based work).
- Track record of consistently meeting or exceeding sales quotas.
- Ability to understand the company’s unique selling points, and ensure these are communicated in a clear and concise manner in order to create new business opportunities.
- Strong business acumen, and communication skills: writing emails (internal/external), speaking on the phone, presenting in person and comfortable interacting with scientific, academic and professional clients.
- Proficient with CRM and MS/Google applications to monitor, analyze and communicate sales data.